Sunday, November 23, 2008

Matthews, AL: The Road Ahead

Miles since last blog: 17.0

Route

Yesterday's unscheduled day off to visit the Civil Rights Memorial was fulfilling but left me a day behind. Last night we stayed a t a new CS place and while Free slept, we drank wine and walked to visit Hank Williams grave which was up the street. I met some great people in Montgomery, had a few great experiences and ate some excellent food.

Tonight we lay in a log cabin with our own rooms courtesy of a Troy University Hammer thrower. I have 10 days left with Free before he heads off to London and I am on my journey alone again. Hopefully I can get to Mobile, AL by then because there is a series of tough parts ahead with bridges and tunnels and making my way through with Cherry and without help may prove to be impossible.

No comments: