Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ehrenberg, AZ: Rock beats Scissors

Miles since last blog: 19.3
Miles Total: 3527.4

Route (approx.)

Yes, we are all familiar with it. Rock beats scissors, scissors beat paper and paper beats rock. As ridiculous as that last one is, paper beats rock, hmph sounds like we need a better game, we know it well. New one now, Free Hotel Room beats State line.

Yep, still in Arizona but only 0.7 miles from California, I can see it from here, the Colorado River that marks the border shone brilliantly in the sunset as I waltzed up to the Best Western here in Ehrenberg, AZ. As much as I want to get into Cali, and I am far more anxious than anyone believe me, I do need to rest and slow down a bit. Tomorrow I will cross over into the final state but for tonight I was donated a room and got to take a dip in a wonderful pool, it's an excellent place to bed down if you're heading across country through the desert, there's not much else around and it's clean and comfortable. I should be so lucky tomorrow when I am recounting my adventures. Until then . . .

277

1 comment:

Sondra said...

WOW the last state..you have breezed thru the desert since I started following your progress..somewhere in TX.
Enjoy the luxury!