Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lafayette II: Waking up is hard to do

As often happens when I stay somewhere with electricity and internet I stayed up until the wee hours of the morn, this would hardly be a problem if I hadn't been getting up to do "Good Morning Acadiana" at 4 a.m. As it is, I got an hour of sleep before the show and immediately when we arrived at the station, where my buddy works as a cameraman, I set out to find a suitable place to catch a few winks before my segment. There was little to be had and I ended up wandering about a bit after a brief stint lying on the floor in the corner of their conference room. In my wandering I overheard the anchor introducing himself to the mirror in the bathroom in a deep baritone voice, "With . . . as himself" and then for fun "With . . . as Inspector Clouseau" I chuckled to himself and waited for him to leave before I went in, I didn't want to startle him while he was in the 'pre-broadcast' zone.

The segment was short and informal and then I retired to the small food service area. One of the crew members gave me some Mardi Gras beads and a donation. I did my best to be productive but managed little more than perusing the internet for an hour until the show was over and my buddy could run me back to his place during a break in work. Caught a few Z's and headed down to a diner to get away from the constant sea of cats which seems to barrage my trip and my allergies with it. I'm just glad I'm not walking today, I'm beat, besides, there's a small concert in the back room of my buddy's place tonight so that should be fun . . . no rest for the weary.

No comments: