Saturday, September 20, 2008

Middlesex, NJ 9-20-08

Miles since last blog 30.5 (plus lost walking)

I'm at the police station, sleeping (soon hopefully) in the lobby on a blanket in the corner.  Not arrested, don't worry, just indoors and near a bathroom.  Woo hoo!

I got lost today which always takes a lot out of me.  It turns out that although my navigator was right about being able to walk over some bridges (albeit some were so narrow I had to take apart my gear and transport it piece by piece), it was wrong about there being sidewalks on either side.  Which was more or less a big problem since it was a highway.  I can't imagine what they were thinking.  Are the sidewalks for people who have fears of going over bridges in cars only?  "Okay Bob, we'll let you out here, see you on the other side."  The planning mystifies me.  

Nonetheless, I made my goal stopping point tonight even if I did walk extra hours to do it.  Biyahhh!

No comments: