Sunday, September 21, 2008

Morrisville, PA 9-21-08

Miles since last blog: 33.3

That's right, another day, another state, gotta love these tiny East Coast states for making you feel like you are accomplishing something.  

So sleeping at the police station was interesting, which was great and bad.  It would probably have been better if it wasn't a Saturday night, but as it was there was something going on with fair consistency until about 2:30 a.m.  Still, it was warm and inside.  I slept about 5 hours which is still pretty ok, especially compared to outside sleeping.  Other than that, it was great.  They were extremely nice.  I woke up to a donation from the guys on duty, a lunch bought for me by a local diner and morning breakfast and conversation with an officer.  All in all, one of my best mornings on the trip for sure.  There was even another guy sleeping there after he missed his bus, his name was Dre and we got to talk a while too before I left.

Then, walking.  What more to say?  My feet hurt now.  There are blisters on every toe of my left foot.  Oddly enough my right foot is completely fine.  C'est la vie.  Well, I still am not sure where I am sleeping tonight, so I had better be off soon.  Looking forward to a nice couch tomorrow.  Mmmmmm, couchsurfing.

***

Update:  Slept in a grove of trees behind the Burger King I ate at.  The sleeping bag and ponchos are awesome.  Thanks all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there! girls from Burger King! really nice to meet you and good luck on your walk. Unfortunately we live with familys we work for but otherwise we would have offered a couch :D .. we make sure we'll send you that photo.

all the best and enjoy PA!